- ISBN: 9780955891892
- Pages: 596
- Images: 491
- Page size: 229 x 153 mm
- Cover format: Hardcover with dust jacket
- Publication date: February 2012.
This exciting new book provides an update on the genusNepenthes, covering all new species and discoveries made since the publication of Pitcher Plants of the Old World. Highlights include:
- 8 brand new Nepenthes species – including two from Borneo, two from Sulawesi, two from New Guinea, three from the Phillippines
- emended descriptions of N. lamii and N. thorelii (both plants were previously wrongly identified)
- an account of a newly discovered population of N. pitopangii(with spectacular colouration).
- an account of new understanding of the diversity of N. philippinensis and related species
- expedition reports and a comparison of all highland Nepenthes of Palawan (many of the most spectacular Nepenthes known).
- complete descriptions and a comparison of all recently described Indochinese taxa.
- …and much, much more.
The full diversity, wild ecology and distribution of each newNepenthes is accounted in full detail, along with a fascinating report of the discovery of each plant, written by its discoverers.
If you are interested in this title, you might also like: Field Guide to the Pitcher Plants of Sulawesi Field Guide to the Pitcher Plants of the United States and CanadaField Guide to the Pitcher Plants of Sumatra and JavaField Guide to the Pitcher Plants of Australia and New GuineaField Guide to the Pitcher Plants of Peninsular Malaysia and IndochinaField Guide to the Pitcher Plants of BorneoPitcher Plants of the Old World Vol 1Pitcher Plants of the Old World Vol 2