Britain’s Distant Seas DVD
- Narrator: Stewart McPherson
- Duration: Over 60 mins
- Region Encoding: None – this DVD can be played on devices worldwide
- Availability: In stock and available for immediate dispatch
The Britain’s Distant Seas DVD is designed to accompany the Britain’s Distant Seas book, and includes:
– A 30 minute film exploring the marine biodiversity of the UK Overseas Territories with unique footage contributed by conservationists and research teams from across the Overseas Territories.
– Short films dedicated to the following groups of wildlife across the UK Overseas Territories (Amphibians and Reptiles, Birds, Mammals, Marine Life, Plants, Terrestrial Invertebrates).
The waters of the UK Overseas Territories are Britain’s distant seas.
They grant the UK the world’s 5th largest ocean estate and the 12th largest area of coral reefs.
Spanning over 5.5 million km2, these remote watery tracts of the UK are scattered over all SevenSeas and are home to every major aquatic ecosystem on Earth, including temperate kelp forests, tropical coral gardens, seagrass beds, deep sea plains and trenches, little-explored seamounts and recently-discovered ‘black smoker’ geothermal vents.
Countless species of aquatic animals live or feed in the waters around the UK Overseas Territories, including immense numbers of invertebrates, vast shoals of reef fish, whale sharks, rays, dolphins, sea turtles, penguins and seals!
Large expanses of the waters around the UK Overseas Territories remain little explored, and new species and extraordinary discoveries continue to be made.