Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants Volumes 1, 2 & 3 – Collector’s Editions
These exquisite collector’s edition volumes include the following special features:
– hand-bound in premium black leather by artisan craftsmen in England.
– feature handmade oil-marble water endpapers (volume 1 endpapers: royal red, volume 2 endpapers: navy blue, volume 3 endpapers: emerald green). Endpapers are handmade in England.
– pages are hand-gilted in gold.
– limited run of only 500 copies will be produced.
– every set is individually signed and numbered by Stewart McPherson (view the red box above to see the set number you will receive. The sooner you order, the lower the set number).
– volume 1 features Nepenthes glabrata emblem, volume 2 features Nepenthes attenboroughii emblem and volumes Nepenthes burkei emblem (artwork by celebrated artist Andy Smith).
Redfern collect edition books are really special.
We take enormous pride in creating these breath-taking masterpieces.
See above summary of special features. Note the contents are identical to the standard edition of this work.
Fifteen years in the making and the result of more than three hundred research expeditions, Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants is a three volume work that documents all currently recognised species of Nepenthes for the first time.
Over 1,350 pages long (each volume being approx. 450 pages) and complemented by over 3,000 spectacular images (including more than 1,000 new and unpublished photographs), Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants is the seminal work on the genus Nepenthes.
With contributions from experts across the globe, filled with brand new discoveries from the field and the inclusion of more than twenty recently published taxa, Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants showcases the full diversity and astoundingly intricate beauty of the tropical pitcher plants for the very first time.
Introductory chapters include a detailed overview of the biogeography, ecology, remarkable adaptations and taxonomy of the genus.
The bulk of the work (over 1,200 pages) is dedicated to documenting all recognised Nepenthes taxa in alphabetical order. Each entry includes detailed sections (written in clear and accessible language) covering morphology, diversity, ecology and conservation status. All species are depicted via lavish imagery (with as many as 40 photographs dedicated to the most variable species).
Concluding chapters comprise a thorough exploration of Nepenthes hybrids and a uniquely detailed review of the conservation status of the genus with an overview of the most imperilled taxa, the threats afflicting them and avenues for future conservation efforts.
Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants is specifically designed to complement Stewart McPherson’s past books: New Nepenthes Volume 1 and New Nepenthes Volume 2. The New Nepenthes series includes countless expedition reports, conservation assessments and wild observations that underpin the treatment and taxonomy presented here.
Available as standard hardback books and limited edition, premium leather-bound, collector’s edition volumes!
Only a limited quantity of first edition Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants books will be printed!
All three volumes of Nepenthes – The Tropical Pitcher Plants are sold as a set.
All copies are signed by Stewart McPherson.
Coming Soon - Intended release – mid 2021.
Pre-order your copies now!