New Nepenthes Volume 2
New Nepenthes Vol. 2 documents all of the new Nepenthes species published since 2010 along with exciting new information about this remarkable genus.
- Authors: Stewart McPherson
- ISBN: 978-1-908787-30-9
- Pages: 420
- Images: 750
- Page size: 228 x 152 mm
- Cover format: Hardcover
- Publication date: Summer 2019.
Newly announced! You can pre-order your copy now by clicking Add to Basket below!
£34.99 – £39.99
More new species of Nepenthes (tropical pitcher plants) have been discovered and named during the first two decades of the 21st century than at any point previously, including more than twenty species since the publication of the first complete studies of the genus (Pitcher Plants of the Old World Vol. 2 and New Nepenthes Vol. 1). This volume complements those past works and brings understanding of the genus up to date!
New Nepenthes Vol. 2 documents all of the new Nepenthes taxa published since 2010 as well as several further new species that are described and introduced for the very first time. Numerous further new discoveries, as well as exciting and colourful expedition reports telling stories of the (re)discovery of Nepenthes on little explored mountains ensure that every page of this visually spectacular book is crammed full of exciting new information and stunning imagery!
Highlights of New Nepenthes Vol. 2 include:
- descriptions of 3 spectacular new Nepenthes species
- a review of all Nepenthes species described since the publication of New Nepenthes Vol. 2
- a report on a spectacular new population of Nepenthes chaniana
- an account of the rediscovery of Nepenthes mollis
- an account of the real Nepenthes beccariana
- an account of a gigantic form of Nepenthes tentaculata
- an account of the relationship of Nepenthes madagascariensis and N. masoalensis
- an account of the discover of Nepenthes palawanensis and new knowledge concerning this giant-pitchered species.
- an account of the rediscovery of Nepenthes pilosa
- a revision of the Nepenthes fusca complex
- an account of the rediscovery of Nepenthes deaniana
- an account of the rediscovery of Nepenthes paniculata
- a report on the current conservation status of N. clipeata
- a report on the current conservation status of N. aristolochioides
- a report on the current conservation status of N. rigidifolia
NOTE: Images of the new species described in this work are not included below (as they cannot be released publicly until New Nepenthes Vol. 2 is published).